Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Just about life...

I thought I would just update you on life back in Perth. I am settling into the base life for the next four months until I have another adventure, outside of this city any ways... =)
I live in a house with 10 other girls. They are great and it has been so nice getting settled into one house. When you aren't presently involved in leaving to go on an outreach, then you usually get placed on base somewhere to help the whole base run. So for the next four weeks, outside of prayer and worship times then I am in the kitchen. I help prepare lunch and dinner for around 300+ people everyday! Exciting eh? It is taking my little cooking skills to a new level. It is amazing to see how many people give and contribute every day so that all of us on base can simple live and eat. So most days I come home smelling like food... =)
The base puts on a annul carol by christmas lights program. It is help in a local park. An outdoor, come and go event where we have kids activities, drinks, and a program with a choir, speakers, and other different entertainment from people on base. This event happened last weekend. I was able to participate in the choir and it was a blast. I forgot how much I loved being in choir when I was younger. This choir was a bit less dramatic than my earlier years when we performed broadway shows but still made for good entertainmen,t I think for the city of Vincent (this was the area the park was in).

Christmas is in 11 days and I have been busy busy getting together little gifts and cards! Hope everyone is having a great holiday, with lots of JOY~

You are blessed to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment