Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, December 31, 2010

A new year...

Can you believe it, 2011! I am sitting here about to welcome in the new year thinking it can't possible be the end of 2010....

Thinking back, God has taken me to some pretty amazing places, and I have been privilege to meet some amazing people. Today we had a worship time to welcome in the new year and one of the main things that was being prayed out was how incredibly privileged we are to be used by Jesus and to really know Him. It was such a beautiful time and a perfect way to enter into a new year; with memories of why my life is so amazing. Its because of Jesus... (just in case you didn't pick up on that)  =)

I just finished up my last week working in the kitchen! I must say I am a little glad to be out of there because I think I put on about 5 lbs (or 10 kgs - depending on your country) from eating so much! We have an amazing kitchen staff that know how to cook... so prep for lunch and dinner was all about the taste testing! Most of the time... =)

Next week I am jumping into a whole new world. I am going to be staffing a school of about 20 students. The school is called a compassion discipleship training school. So it is the entry level school to youth with a mission and it has a focus on what we like to call mercy ministries. SO things like health care, child trafficking, children at risk, families in crisis... ect. I love this because it fits in so well with working along side people in their situations. Bringing God's kingdom through His love in words, and actions! I like to help people in a practical way so they know that God is in all parts of their lives.

So this school is 6 months long. I start the staff training for it next week then on Jan. 9th the school starts! We will spend three months in perth in a lecture phase. Bringing in speakers to teach us on topics like hearing GOd's voice, Character and nature of God, SPiritual warfare, intercession... and many more!

Then we will head out sometime in March to go on a outreach to a location that has not been announced yet! Be excited, because I am!

I am really looking forward to learning the new role as a staff, as well as teaching and learning how to disciple the students! I am really hoping to see more health care opportunities be worked into our outreach portion of the school and am really excited to see all these students hear what GOd has to say about their individual part to play in this world. Where does God want them and how can this next six months facilitate God's precious call that He has for all of them!

So I am posting some pictures. I had a super amazing christmas! The base went all out and was so blessed by tons of donations from different companies and people in Perth. We ate like KINGS on christmas! It was beautiful and full of laughter and fun! It was busy busy and I felt like I needed a day off from my day off ! We (the base) went to the beach from boxing day (all you americans that is just the day after christmas - referred to as boxing day... don't know why) It was a beautiful day, sunny, hot, and the wind was blowing off the shore. So there were actually no waves.. the water was so calm, and made swimming amazing!






Well enjoy your new years! Be blessed and have lots of fun moments!! Ask God what He has in store for you this year! I bet it will blow you away!

You are blessed to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment