Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A few things...

Well I wanted to share some stories from India. I wanted you guys to know a bit of the excitement that we had while we were their!


Our seminar consists of many different people. We have a mercy ministry team, a team from an NGO, a grassroots team, and then we also have several individual women coming from the local community we are reaching out too. Several of the women coming are illiterate and have had little or no schooling in their lives. They are so amazing and diligent. Two of the women have returned and were apart of the first seminar that we put on here in April. It has been reported to us from the mercy ministry team that lives here, that God has changed these women just from attending the seminars. One of the woman, Lalita, who barely would share or speak has become one of our boldest speakers. She will get up every chance we offer for volunteers or to share testimonies! God worked through this seminar to build her confidence and she is now a voice in her community. The other woman, Anju, has become known in the community as the ORS (oral rehydration solution) woman.  Last April, we taught the group how to prevent dehydration with ORS, and since then anju has made it a goal in her community to spread around this hydrating drink. She has made herself known and now people come to her when they have diarrhea or are dehydrated! She is changing her community one cup at a time!  

Praise the Lord for perseverance. Upon our first visit to Siliguri, we met a family that consisted of grandparents and a mental and physically handicap child. We had members of the team that were persistent in prayer and fasting and bringing in the long term team to help pray for and share about Jesus with this family. When we arrived here for our second visit last week, we were over joyed to see the family again and hear about the consistence of the team here in visiting them, praying for them, and helping them understand about Jesus. Today the grandmother came over to tell us that she had thrown away all of her other gods. That she knew that Jesus was the only God to serve. She is hungry to know truth and so dedicated to her family. She has been coming almost everyday to get prayer for her grandson. Her and her husband were going to have a few more discussions about Jesus and asked for the team to come back on Sunday so they could share about their finally decision whether to fully follow only Jesus. We are so thankful for Jesus and His persist longing for us all, and how He gives us the strength to pray for persistently for others! I am believing to get a report from the team about the families decision to only serve the one living God! Jesus! 

Our time was so full of God and His spirit. He was really raising the people up to see their lives changed and the lives of the people that they know. I think I love this so much because usually in my head when I think about God's kingdom it has to be on the most grand scale. I often tell people it is like I have a motion picture running in my head constantly. The best movie with the biggest effects, the one that wins the prize. I love Jesus and have seen the magnitude of what He did in my life, so I guess I always want to use the biggest and most amazing way to present Him. I learned a lot by going out into the villages and teaching. Standing in a house that was about as big as some people's closets teaching these people about washing their hands or how to get ride of a fever. Praying with them and feeling God's presence so strongly in that one room house. I knew as I stood their, this is the kingdom of God. This is His love and heart being poured out into this family. It was beautiful and so real. So much better than any big picture plan that I could create in my head on how to share God. 

Well I am back in Perth. Getting ready for christmas. We decorated last friday for the holiday season. I am getting more in the spirits of things although when I leave my house in the heat I somehow loose all the christmas spirit.. It just doesn't ever quite feel the same. Praise the Lord their is still the same meaning and importance for this holiday. 

I have plans changing and new things happening. I will write more later. Have a good week! 

You are blessed to be a blessing!  



No comments:

Post a Comment