Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 21, 2009

God's Kindness...


I have been learning a lot in the last couple of weeks. God has been kindly, gently leading me back to having more fear of the Lord. Away from my motivation of wanting to gain a bunch of head knowledge. I sometimes get very wrapped up in finding out as much as I can about topics, about truth and have recently come to the revelation through this weeks speaker that I was gaining a bunch of head knowledge that I could spit out but that I had no understanding of God and was not walking in wisdom with any of it. I love that God is gentle in His nature to bring us back in line with Him, and He knows that my hearts intentions were to know more of Him to share with others, but in the process I stopped seeking after Him to know more of Him and started leaning on my ability to find out what other people had to say about God. I think He is probably the best to describe and tell me about himself huh. So after some repenting, I have refocused prayers, and time spent in His word.

This past weekend was fun. My school and I went camping. It was cold and rainy but so much fun. We only stayed one night but I must say I was pretty proud of 40 something girls (with a few husbands) putting together tents, cooking over fires, building fires, and some even endured the cold and jumped in the lake. I was not one of those people just in case you were wondering. I think I walked around with several layers on for the majority of the time. Haha.

So I have been encouraged by God to start playing the piano again. I used to play when I was younger, but quit many years ago.. like 10-12 years ago. The base that I am on has a piano that they let students play on. After finding out two of the girls in my team play, and after much debate with God on the issue I decided to give it a go. I was hooked after the first time playing. It sounded awful and I actually don't remember anything from when I was younger but I loved it. It was like releasing a passion that I have had but was to afraid to let out. It was freeing, exciting, and just made my days more joyful when I would play. I still am not good and still not even really playing a song yet but am loving this new way to express creativity that God gave me. It took a lot for me to get over my fear of failing and fear of man because of my lack of ability. But I know that God enjoys my tinker and clanks.. haha... I even got a cheap little keyboard that I am going to be able to take to Tanzania with me, so the practicing will continue. And don't worry, I am able to plug in my headphones so my team doesn't have to endure the sounds that I produce. haha....

God is good. Well we are getting ready to head out in 8 days to Tanzania. I will write more about our fun awaiting us later.

You are blessed to be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. keep playing girl. . .it's just outlet for worship! love you and have a safe trip. . .keep us posted when you can!

    ReplyDelete