Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, September 28, 2009

End of Lecture...

This lovely girl on my school took tons of video and put together a little show of some of the lecture phase. Thought you guys would enjoy it.

We are all packed up and ready to go. We leave tomorrow and are all so excited. I am so excited to go out and build relationships, find Jesus in these places and people. I am learning more and more about my relationship with Jesus. I guess for most of the time growing up, I viewed church and God as a bunch of rules. A look and way of acting. I had no concept of relationship with God, how to have it. I still struggle sometimes not falling into "the part" and really pressing into learning and wrestling with my relationship with God. I love it, and I love wrestling or having to seek out God because after all the hard times, after all the confusion, and after all the questions I have peace. I have love and hope and usually feel closer to God afterwards. So it is almost like the pain or discomfort of not knowing everything in this relationship grows me.. haha go figure. So some days are harder than others but all end with the same thought, I love you God and I know that you love me, so the rest will be settled later. More often than not the answer to my question or my lack of feeling God's presence seems to be met. He is never far and always hears my cried, even when I feel like He doesn't.

Well I guess all this is spurred on by the fact that we are leaving tomorrow to travel down an unexpected road of life, death, and desperation. I wanted to walk into this journey remembering God's character. The love, grace, mercy, compassionate, just God that I serve in the midst of whatever lies ahead. If you think about it or as you read this you can send up some prayers for the team and me. Travel, safety, baggage, and hearts of those we meet. We are expecting divine appointments and lives to be changed by Jesus. Oh I am excited!

You are blessed to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment