Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, August 8, 2009

God's little blessings....


Had a fun week this week. We started learning about the actually process of labor and what we do in that process as midwives. We had an amazing speaker that had so much experience. She told us tons of stories but the one thing that she said that stuck out to me was that "midwives are the gatekeepers to life or death." That is powerful. The spirit of Christ lives in us, and we get to bring that along with us into whatever situation, hospital, or home that we enter. We get to pray life over these woman and babies, not only physical healing life sometimes but every time, every where we go spiritual life. 

We had the such a fun night this weekend. One of the ladies on my school has a family. So she has a house that the base owns, and invited us girls over for movie night. It was so nice to be in a home! It is funny how you miss that feel when you live in more of a dorm style living environment. OH my goodness, she made guacamole and this amazing bean dip, and all sorts of goodies! She spoiled us rotten. It was like being back home. I loved it! 

Every weekend I am getting to catch up with different people from back home on the phone. It is so nice to hear from people, learn what is happening in their lives, and know how I can keep praying for them. I love hearing all the stories about what is going on. It has been a blessing to share, and talk to people. If you want to talk, just shoot me an e-mail. I try and call a couple of people every weekend! 

Well off to homework... Miss and love you all! 

You are blessed to be a blessing


No comments:

Post a Comment