Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

New Knowledge..

A point worth remembering... God is not interested in what we do that is FOR God, as much as He is interested in the what we do WITH God. 
This is huge in making me stop and think why I do the things that I do. Why do I do mission work, try and walk in love, or why do I try and serve people? Is it because I think that is what I have to do to show God how good I am at following His rules or is it because He is walking that way and I want to be walking with Him? This really challenges me on a daily basis to really check my heart attitude and my motivations. I am undeserving of the relationship that I get to experience with the God of the Universe, and I get a chance to jump in a walk with Him because of Jesus Christ. I don't want to leave that relationship. I don't want to read the Bible and see the outline of "what to do" when you follow God. I want to everyday walk with God where He is. He told me I would find Him in Perth Australia so here I am. I can not do His work without His calling. I can go and try to change people's lives outside His calling, but I could stay in His calling and possible see Him change nations. He is a big God and uses ever single one of us in mighty ways. Down to the smallest act of kindness, could be the biggest impact in someone's life, but to get to that person to impact you have to be walking with God. Don't be afraid to meet with God in your personal relationship. That is the only thing He is concerned about. Above the biggest problem you can think of in the world to fix, God is more concerned with where you are in your relationship with Him. Amazing that He loves each of us that much.

I have been signing off my posts with the phrase - you are blessed to be a blessing. I started this because I just wanted something encouraging to leave all of you that suffer through my bad spelling and grammar. I have really had revelation about the phrase though in the last couple of months. Really just realizing that I have been born to be a blessing because I have been redeemed in Jesus Christ so I can be used to bless others. This is true of you too. 
Blessing by definition means -the act or words of a person who blesses,

a special favor, mercy, or benefit

a favor or gift bestowed by God, thereby bringing happiness

the invoking of God's favor upon a person

praise; devotion; worship, 

approval or good wishes

"To be blessed" means 'to be favored by God'. Blessings therefore are directly associated with God and come from God. Therefore to express a blessing, is like bestowing a wish on someone that he/she will experience the favor of God. 
Wow, so receive your blessings because someone is recognizing you deserve to experience God's favor. Then you can turn around and bless someone else in the same way. 

Love you all.

2 comments:

  1. Kali, i LOVE this. keep soaking in these amazing revelations that the Lord gives you.. these things are precious. love you (christy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it, love it, love it. . .thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete