Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A new look







 
 Hey All! Well I have to say that I don't think many of you are praying about my spider situation because since my last blog I have seen like 10! A couple of them huntsman spiders! Yuck!  =) I really can't complain because life is good! I am transforming my life and my relationship with God, I live a mile or so from two beaches, and I am living with amazing people!! Here are some pics up top... beach, fun and girls I live with! 

 This week we are learning about the nature and character of God. This seems like such a easy topic because you think you know a lot about God. YOU DON'T !! Well I don't. This week is completely based around the question Who are you God? I want to tell the story of Moses in the way that our speaker Adriel Booker told it because it completely changed my view of Moses. A common story, one that if you have been to Sunday school you would know right. Well it starts by Moses being born and immediately his mom has to get rid of him because the Pharaoh has made a law that stated that every first born has to die. So Moses gets put in a basket and picked up by Pharaoh's daughter and she says he is a gift from the gods. So then Moses's sister who was following Moses tells the Pharaoh's daughter hey you should let someone nurse him and I know a woman so Pharaoh's daughter agrees so then Moses goes back to his mom to be nursed then when he is old enough he goes back to Pharaoh's palace. So Moses has just been passed around like 4 times in his early childhood between two totally different cultures. Do you think he was a little confused about his identity? He looks Hebrew and he is growing up in a Egyptian palace. So 40 yrs go by. 40 yrs that's a long time. When Moses was 40 he saw an Egyptian mistreating a Hebrew and he killed the Egyptian. I know y'all know the story,  he feels  he doesn't fit in either culture and he could possible fear getting in trouble for killing this man. He goes to the desert, marries and starts a new life. Creates this entirely new identity for himself. He is a shepard. He does this for 40 yrs. Okay so by this time he is probably happy - it doesn't say that in the bible but it doesn't say that he was unhappy and he had a wife, son, and career I think he was probably happy. It has been 80 yrs. that is a stinking long time. So he is older and has created this new identity after all the struggles in Egypt about who his true identity really was. So one day he is doing his shepard thing and he sees this bush that is on fire but it doesn't burn so he says literally ch. 3:3 Moses's thought, "I will go over and see this strange sight - why the bush does not burn up." How hilarious is that answer? I would be like freaking out and Moses is just like huh that bush doesn't burn maybe I should go check that out. Anyways so they go through the whole you are on holy ground take off your sandals and within 3 verses God reveals who he is(God that is), who moses's true identity is, and what moses's calling is for his life. Okay so think about this for a minute. You have gone through 80 yrs of your life not knowing this God, you don't really know where you came from and you didn't know you had a calling.  (Ch. 3:6-8.) So God calls out to Moses's and says I am God, the God of your fathers Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob and I want you to free my people out of Egypt. So God spills out this statement I am your God, you are Hebrew because I am the God of your fathers so go free the Hebrews, and then gives him directions on how to do this task. This amazes me. three verses boom - we are talking a few minutes and Moses's has all the answers to his questions how overwhelmed would you be? So after this Moses is a little hesitant can't say I blame the guy and then he totally agrees to this plan and goes for it. WOW. We are talking faith!! 80 yrs old  and he starts his walk with God. From that he frees the Egyptians and lives a life being one of the guys ( I think) that had one of the closest connections with God. When he died he was called a friend of God. I want that. I want to have such close, deep intimate relationship with God that when I die they won't name off my accomplishments or focus on anything other than she really was a friend of God. So how do you do that? Friendship is built on trust and trust on knowing the other person involved in the relationship. So that is my call and my question that  I have decided to ask myself for the rest of this DTS and probably life is who are you God. I believe the more I know about Him the more I will start to understand who I am and the calling He has for my life. 


This post was kind of long... if you endured it, I hope you got something out of it! Miss everyone and love you all!!

 

1 comment:

  1. I endured and it was worth it. Thanks for the fresh persepctive to and old story:)

    ReplyDelete