Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Intimacy with God

I have realized this week that I have not been able to be intimate with God because I have kept my relationship with God on a superficial level. Most relationships if you think about it are kept on a superficial level. How do you go deeper with God? This was the question that was placed in front of me this week. Jesus is the light. If I want to be deeper in a relationship with Him that is going to mean me letting more of His light in my light. The flesh is drawn to the dark, it is human desire and if I want be closer to God I have to let the light shine in my life. I realized that because of my shame and fear of being rejected I would leave out parts of my life in my own personal journal. So the only person that reads this journal is me. It was started because I wanted to have somewhere to express my thoughts about what God was teaching me and to write letters to God then I would leave parts out like I thought he didn't know what I was thinking!! I was living in the dark and was shutting the door to letting Jesus come into area's of my life because I didn't want them to be exposed in the light. I know this seems like a easy concept but one day I sat and I wrote everything that I had left out of my journal for the past 6 years. It was a lot and was so freeing. I felt like I knew God more and was comfortable with Him. This is not a process that was easy or that is over. I have a lot of things I have to deal with and try and resolve with myself and God, and myself and others. This was the beginning step in my intimacy growing with God. He wants us to trust Him with every part of us.

A good quote by the speaker this week, matt dawson, was intimacy is cultivated in tough times and enjoyed in good times.

It is simple really. Jesus calls us to follow Him. If we are following Him, even if He asks us to do something that may be uncomfortable, or cost us something in the end He will turn it around to bless us. Do you realize that God loves you more than yourself? Think about that. Think about how much we focus and love ourselves and then try and wrap your mind around the concept that God loves you more than that! Amazing. Another way to become intimate with God is completely understanding your value in His eyes. This is a huge concept and a struggle for me but through reading His words in the Bible about how valuable I am and the more that I expose and trust Him the more I hear His loving words of affirmation in my life. I want this to be the point that everyone takes away - God loves you more than you love yourself. Learn who you are and how valuable you are in the eyes of God. Dive into a deeper relationship with Jesus - start by taking your trash to Him. Trust Him. He will love to release you and free you from the shame and will pick the weight off your shoulders. Then he will love you and you will be in an even deeper relationship with Him! Every day this is becoming a reality in my life and I am so excited about it. I have much more to tell about this week's lesson but my brain is on overload! Will write again soon! Love everybody! Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment