Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, July 9, 2010

Stillness...


Well... I gotta a little bit figured out on this new remodel of the blog. It is a work in progress still.
 I am still on the run. I have been hanging out in San Angelo now for a few days. It has been very surreal to be back in my old stopping grounds. I didn't think about it being hard to come back here. But it has been a little bit more difficult than I anticipated. It has been great seeing friends and getting to see all the people that I love and have missed dearly. It has also been eye opening and humbling. I have become such a different person than I was when I first arrived in San Angelo. A lot of that changing happened while I still lived here and then even more over this past year and a half. A long process over many years. Being back has reminded me of a lot of things God healed me from, past hurts and past mistakes. But being back has in some ways reopened them. Not in a bad way, but in a way that is finalizing and is bringing a complete closer to who I was before Jesus, and who I am now. I often think about how many people I influenced in a negative way, or missed opportunity with. It is such an awesome testimony of what God can do. How He can take us from the pit of our desperation, slowly and gently into His glory and loving hand. So no matter how hard it is sometimes, or how uncomfortable some moments can be, I couldn't imagine not being here to show the glory of God. What He has done, where He has taken me and how much He loved me through all of it. The good the bad and the very ugly.
I have had to learn what quietness is like again. This strange and uncomfortable quietness  has become my friend lately. It is so good to sit in the quiet. Yesterday.. I was home all day long. It was raining and I didn't have any plans so I just did some work, some reading, ect. It was so nice but all day long it was quiet. I didn't turn on Itunes. No one called and ever time I would think oh I should call someone.. I didn't. God is teaching me again how to sit in the stillness with Him and it is great to get back to that place. Not that I didn't have a bit of quietness this past year, but it is definitely different having 30 min of quietness vs a whole day or several days in a row. I have enjoyed it in a stretching uncomfortable sort of way to get re aquatinted with Jesus in the stillness. haha.

Well above is a video that I made to recap the year.  I tried to show a glimpse of what God did. Hope you enjoy!

You are blessed to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment