Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reflecting...

I have to talk tomorrow about what God has done in me in this past year. Wow what a big topic. We left central Asia and have now made it back to Perth. We (my school and I) have been and are spending this last week talking through the miracles, healing, and things that stood out to us this past year. Also talking about what God did in and through us. It is amazing thinking back. It is also very hard. Hard to get my mind around the fact that it has been 11 months. Hard to remember because my mind doesn’t think back that far, and hard to process this past month especially. I have never experienced a time where all our plans change, suddenly and without warning. It leaves a person wondering, did God really speak for us to come here? Did we hear right?

My answer for that question for me in the midst of last month was yes, I heard from God. No I don’t know why we had to change our plans, but I know that for whatever reason, the week that I was placed in that area of the world God was brought to that place. Even if only for one week. Christ in me; praying, standing, and loving people around me Jesus was brought to that community. I don’t have many stories about anything really physical or tangible happening. I don’t even have any good reports from the country I left. It is almost like it is doing worse off.... Huh. The enemy attacks heavy on a front they are afraid of losing?

I believe even more in the power of prayer. I have seen prayer do crazy things this past month...like.. starting cars, changing attitudes, and shaking things that need to be shaken. I think God in these past few months has shown me once again how much He loves me. He has healed me in many areas, taught me that it is okay to be wrong and faulty. That is one of the best ways to learn and to not be prideful. He has taught me patience, kindness (something still needing to grow in), and how to love even when you don’t want to love (also still growing). I have learned to value relationships and learned that I can take time to grown them. I have learned to seek after Jesus, to learn His true character. To confront Him with my questions, my ideas, my misconceptions. He always contradicts them, gently. I have learned that His heart is big and that He is someone I haven’t scratch the surface of getting to know. He never left me, even when I was tired and didn’t want to take the time to seek after Him. He still brought me peace even when I didn’t deserve it and He still let me experience life even after I cause so much death.

He is my creator, lover, and friend. I have a lot to be thankful for. All of it because of the life that Jesus gave me. He truly saves me everyday.


You are blessed to be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. thanks so much for sharing. . . .we get to see you in less than a month now!!! YEA!! can't wait to catch up!

    ReplyDelete