Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, June 21, 2010

Home

Here I am on Texas soil again! It is soo good to be home. I spent the last week in wollongong, the base where I did schooling at last January. It was the perfect place to begin my transition back to western society. It was calm, relaxing, and there were so many good people to talk too! I love the people at that base and I love them loving me, which is exactly what they did! My trip home has not been so peaceful. I am afraid my time clock is already all messed up. I didn’t sleep on any of my flight, which was killer on the 14 hour one. Then I ended up sleeping in the floor of the airport but then people kept waking me up because they thought I was missing my flight.. (they didn’t know I had a seven hour layover) It was hard not to be some what grumpy at the nice people. =)

Looking back I realized that I have gotten on a plane to travel every two weeks for the past 2 months and will continue until the end of June. That means I have been on 12 flights over the past two months... I am sick of flying!!! I used to think it was so much fun... The airport business, the people, seeing new things in new airports.. Yes this sounds pathetic but I used to enjoy it... I still do but with a little dread and a sign. Here I go again. Haha..

Well it was so exciting to fly into america. Even more to fly into Texas. I had some funny thoughts as I got off the plane and walked through the airport so I will share them with you to end this blog. I am Home and will post my cell phone number soon (as soon as I get it)! E-mail me because if you are close to me, I want to see you!!!


Funny thoughts as I entered back into Texas:

  • The first things out of my mouth as I got off the plane was Yeehaw! (yes I was as surprised as you are)
  • I got excited when I saw bass pro shop in the airport (theres your sign...)
  • I got excited to have mcdonalds for breakie because I got to have FREE KETCHUP (not tomato sauce)
  • I ate the naste hashbrown from mcdonalds just as a means to get the KETCHUP in my mouth =)
  • I might have become slightly prouder as I got off the plane.... I will pray into this later.
  • Two words - Dr. Pepper
  • Ya’ll is back and in full force
  • I passed multiple shops displaying the phrases “Don’t mess with Texas” and I know some people’s personal favorites “Everything is bigger in Texas”


I’m excited to be home!!!

You are blessed to be a blessing.



No comments:

Post a Comment