Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

New beginnings.


I made it to Perth. I sent out an e-mail but incase you didn’t get it here is the story. I applied and was accepted to a school called Birth Attending School. It is a 11 months school that consists of learning about how to become a midwife who fears the Lord. I will be in Perth, Australia for three months learning about the anatomy and physiology of birthing the baby, along with tying in the spiritual aspect of health care. Bringing the kingdom of God not only in the spiritual but in the physical. I love this. 

So after three months in Australia we will head off to a 8 months outreach were we will do further learning and apply all that we learn. I am ready to see Jesus in this physical process of labor and the hope that new life brings. I am just praying for God to open my eyes to so many things, um one is teaching me through whatever he wants to, even our text books but really just relying on God during this school to be the one to be my motivation and my drive in learning. To get an understanding and knowledge for the sake of His kingdom. That He will bring me to a new place of trust in Him. During these times of learning, then in the applying what we learned in other countries, and in a better understanding of the spiritual aspects of life. I want to be in much more of a connection with God’s heart during this season. What He is interested in and feels, that is what I want to be praying for and connected with. I really am remembering back in my DTS talking about how the more we seek after God and get to know His heart and who He is, the more He speaks to us about our identity and destiny. The first day that we were here, the base leader’s wife gave us a message and in it she said, “I want to find my identity in God’s destiny.” I love this. So that is something that stuck with me that I have made a goal in this season. 

I will still throw in some stories from Morocco in the next couple of weeks because their was so much that God did that I still want to share. For now I am back in the classroom, back to the books! They gave us two huge books today. I feel like I am back in nursing school, it really is great! If you don’t know me I am a true nerd at heart. The bigger the book the more excited I get.

I didn’t tell you anything about the girls that are with me, briefly, I am in a class of 16 girls with 8 staff members and I think 8 different nations that are represented. I showed up the day the school started around the time of morning tea. For all you Americans, we have morning tea every morning around 10 ish. It is brilliant and America should pick up this habit! haha. Anyway the base I came from in Wollongong was about um 50 big with a school and the base I now live at in Perth is about 300 big. Huge difference. SO I am adjusting to a much bigger community of people and am meeting all the girls on our school along with many other new people. I went from a dorm room of 4 girls to a dorm room of 50 girls. I am in a bit of shock. haha. It is going to be amazing here, and the excitement in my spirit as I got off the plane in Perth just confirmed that this is where God wants me to be. 

Until next time...


You are blessed to be a blessing! 







1 comment:

  1. Hi Kali, you sound as though you are really enjoying Perth, BAS etc etc etc...we really miss you here, but love that you are being totally blessed in Perth.

    A facebook friend of mine is coming to Perth in August to teach at your BAS...her name is Leslie Nabong...I have told her about you and she will seek you out when she gets there.

    I too, soon hope to make a trip to Perth. When that happens and hopefully before you head off on your outreach, I will take you out for dinner...fancy Thai???? lol

    Love and miss you heaps...miss that infectious smile..Leeanne

    ReplyDelete