Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Interesting Stories....

I had a bit of fun this past week with my new family. The BAS team which consists of 16 girls, 3-4 families, and about 4 staff got together for a team BBQ. It is delicious but one of the meat that they cooked was Kangaroo. Yes, that cute animal that bounces around I indulged in. And it was good! haha. The aussie folks had a bit of trouble eating the meat, they said it was like eating part of there country. Anyways, it made for an adventurous day! 

We had our first “assessment” this week, aka test. It was great. It feels like it has been forever since I have studied and taken test that I must admit I was a bit nervous. It went good and it really is such a good program. We can’t fail but they want to know where we aren’t getting the information. 


I am so excited about learning again. Not only learning but bringing the whole picture together. Seeing the spectrum of health care and the spectrum of the spiritual; praying, speaking the gospel, and seeing how they are one in the same. Their is no separation in God’s kingdom. We had a speaker last week that talked about if the gospel is only the story of Jesus then what was Jesus preaching about when He was on earth preaching the gospel. *** (reference) What was the good news that Jesus was spreading while he taught. 


I understand how amazing the gospel is and how important the significance of Jesus on the cross but I have new light in the area of health care and how much that is apart of the good news that I can bring. That they are not two separate entities. I am not using the title of health care worker to simple get into people’s lives but am using it as a talent that was given to me by the creator of the universe to go in and change people’s lives. 


There is a lot I could expand on that topic but how amazing is that to think about. We bring the kingdom of God in lots of ways. We spread good news not only in the spiritual realm with salvation, prayer, and a loving God but in the physical realm with education, service, and practical ways of living that God Himself gave us. (read deuteronomy) God set into place ways of living back in the times of Mosas that are still the best methods to this day to keep cross contamination at their lowest point. How amazing is our God. Not only does He love us unconditionally, He is worried about our hygiene. He doesn’t want stinky, sick kids. haha. okay you get my point.

So on top of learning how amazing God is we are also learning about the urinary system. So on Tuesday night we all got to learn how to do urine tests on each others urine. haha, it was a great bonding experience that wasn’t to embarrassing except for the fact that you had to carry your urine from the toilet which was across the base from our classroom. We got a few interesting looks from people. 


Well I think I have grossed everyone out enough for this entry!! Love you guys! 


You are blessed to be a blessing! 


No comments:

Post a Comment