Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, February 23, 2009

Different Thoughts


 This past week was hard for me. When you have great speakers and they are only around for one week to teach you, they bring a lot to the table all at once. I just want to encourage you that if you are at a place where you think that you know God then you need to re-evaluate because there is so much more of Him that He wants to give us. Keeping seeking after Him, never believe that you have reached your full potential with God - He can always rock your world with a new aspect of Him.  I felt a lot of relief from just junk in my life after this week. The topic was the father heart of God which was a hard topic for me anyways but it really changed me in a different way than I expected. Our speaker, Ross Latto, taught us about recognizing when the devil has planted a bad seed in your life and realizing that the devil can't grow that seed, you do. We meditated and prayed about a lot of seeds that had been planted in my life early on that I was continuing to grow. I was believing these lies about fears and rejections because they had been growing in my life for so long I didn't even think twice about them. You have to look at your life, pray for God to show you past experiences or situations that have sown seed of evil in your life. After you acknowledge them then you can up root them but once you uproot them then you have to replace them with a good seed otherwise the old seed will just sprout up again. (sorry for the plant analogy - it just works so stick with me ) Anyways I just love that my God loves me so much that he has show me these lies and freed me from them. He has helped me uproot them and replace them and is continuing to show me more and more about his loving, comforting, caring nature. I know this is a simple concept but it was one of the huge light bulbs for me this week. I really can't express the way I felt on friday during our intercession prayer time. I really felt closer to God than ever before. It was a two way street. He was speaking to me and I was responding and I felt what He felt and was loved and loved Him. 
One thing I did want to tell everyone about it something that we watched during our small group time. This was really powerful in my life because of my past but it is a series of scripture that have been put together to make a letter to God's children from God expressing how much He loves us. If you have never seen or listened to this I encourage you to look it up on youtube - it is called father's love letter. For me, it has always been hard to believe that God could love me as much as this letter expresses. This is the way that God sees us as His children. This was a powerful word for me and opened me up to letting God love me. 

It has been a mad house around here the past two days that is why my blog is late. The DTS before us got back from their outreach phase - which is their three months in different countries. So we have an extra 20 people on base. There used to be 3 girls in my room now there are 13! It has been a shock and fun and crazy and trying all at once. They are getting us so excited about outreach from their stories! So that is my excuse. =) 

I am sorry but I keep thinking of things I want to tell everybody! So this blog is still going. I am just really excited about our class. God has just been speaking words over our group about peace makers, being a family, and we have received the scripture Isiaih 61  a lot. Every time we turn around our speaker or somebody random is speaking that chapter over us! I am just getting really excited because even though we have only been in a group and know each other for 5 weeks we really are becoming a family. We are walking together in unity with God as a group and that is powerful! It is excited to see how God brings us together each week! He is faithful to His words over us. Last week we all sat around a banqueting table to tell each other about where we are with God and how we can lift everyone up so that we move forward in God as a family. It is awesome! okay so I am done now!! Miss everyone and LOVE YOU ALL!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment