Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

airport...


Yes, here we are...
IN the middle of our long adventure to get to London. Hong Kong airport has been our home for the past 12 hours and will continue to be for another 14...

So far we have been laughed at a lot (because of our "camp site", we have taken showers in the sink, ate LOTS of burger king, slept on floors and chairs, and some have even read whole books already!
Here we are all asleep last night...


=)

I am leading two of the three compassion teams to London. ONe of the teams is mine and the other team will meet their team leader in London. We are having a good time with this adventure of lay overs and plane rides, but we are all very ready to be in London and see what lies ahead. What will it be like where we stay, what is the city like, and how can we make a difference... Jesus these are all our questions.

I am stoked to be leading this team, and pray for God to come in big ways in our borough. My team and I will be staying in West Minister for seven weeks, and working with the churches in this borough to reach out to the community and people that travel through this borough. here is a map of London.. in the very middle is the "city" - pretty small in blue .. west minister is a little to the left...



When I first was asked to lead this team to London and then to India, I was really nervous. I am leading a lone and I kept thinking who is going to be around to help me make decisions??
The next day I woke up and was in John 14 for my Bible reading.
I got to verses 25-31 and this is what it says...


 “These things I have spoken to you while I am still with you. 26 But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, he will teach you all things and bring to your remembrance all that I have said to you. 27  Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. 28  You heard me say to you, ‘I am going away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 29 And now I have told you before it takes place, so that when it does take place you may believe. 30 I will no longer talk much with you, for the ruler of this world is coming. He has no claim on me, 31 but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here.



I have a helper. I always have a helper, but with God's grace and goodness in this next three months, He is extremely vocal, and I can hear so clearly HIs voice. This is the way, this is okay, this is good, you can do this. Thank you Jesus! I love the end as well... "I do as the father commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here...

well here we go. people from all around the world, all different ages, rising to respond to the call of God. To answer the proposition and say "here I am Lord, send me."

The thing I love about this is, you don't have to go across the world. I realize that I use that example because that is what God is calling me to in this moment, but last week in Perth I was walking into the city and I walked past a young girl who God said, "her, i want you to stop and talk to her."
Um what was my response... one of many "lord is that you? No, couldn't be..." Oh wait yes it was...
So here i am Lord, use me. I went and talked to her. nothing to fabulous happened. She was on the street, young, begging for money. I gave her a bit and got to talk to her a bit. I got to pray for her and that was it. I don't know what God is doing in her life, and I don't know if she choose to open up her heart a bit more to God that day or not, but I believe that He was giving her that opportunity. He was beckoning her saying "I'm here, I will always be here." So what if I hadn't stopped. Would that have been a missed opportunity for me or for her?! Both I suppose. I would have missed the opportunity to be obedient to what God was saying and not have met her, and she might not have had the reminder that God is near her, that He sees her.

Oh how did I get off on this?! Who knows, but man I love this dynamic life that Jesus sets us on when we open ourselves up and say okay you pick, you guide, you lead.

Next post via London! Exciting stories to come!

you are blessed to be a blessing.


1 comment:

  1. Hello! So glad that you are on your way! I had a long layover in at the same airport 3 years ago....so not a fan. When we were there there were not any good food options! Anyways, hope all is well and we'll be praying for you!

    ReplyDelete