Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Time at home...

Well, I am about finished with my time at home. Hard to believe that 5 weeks passes by that fast. I have been able to see almost every one I hoped to see. I was able to take a few days to really have "holiday" and went to San Antonio with my mom for a few days. It was so much fun. We tried to float the river in New Braunfels and got half way down the river and it started pouring rain! Texas has been in a heat wave with no rain for months and months and the only day we go to float we get big lighting, rain storm! We ended up literally swimming the last half mile of the float because I was afraid we were going to get struck by lighting! Ha.

I was able to spend a week in San Angelo. It is so good to be back there. I saw lots of people and was able to spend lots of time with people from the church. I have been so overwhelmed by the blessings that come out of the church. Any one need a church, go to Paul Ann. I kept trying to bless them but every time I turned around I felt more blessed than they did I think.

It is always kind of sad gearing up to leave, because there never is a return date in mind. I hope a year  from now, but it is really up to Jesus. He did a pretty good job of planning out and giving me this trip, so I definitely trust Him! I was thinking about last year being home and how different that time was. I came off of a really intense 18 month spout overseas and was ready to be home to "relax". Last summer was one of the hardest summers and I felt more attacked spiritually than I did on the mission field. I realized looking back how much I had to clinge to Jesus to make it through that summer, and without the attacks my mindset was to "take a break" from ultimately Jesus and His work. God taught me and was showing me, you can't take a break from me. That isn't how this relationship works. I have been so thankful looking back, and thinking about that time. Although it was super hard and I didn't understand it, I know now that I learned one thing (among many that summer) that I never want to think I can "take a break" or "relax" from my relationship with Jesus.

My older bother is graduating this weekend with his masters in music education! He is such a stud! So we are planning, cooking, and cleaning to get all ready to go. I should also be packing but uhhh haven't started that yet! =) I look forward to a blow out party weekend with the family, a few days to pack(?) and then a long plane ride back to Perth!

You are blessed to be a blessing.

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad we got to see you so much and talk so much, and hang out so much.....it was been fun!

    ReplyDelete