Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Saturday, March 27, 2010

NEver thoughts....

Well I am getting ready to leave. I have not packed and we leave tomorrow morning.. umm good thing it doesn't take to long to shove the little that I have in that big backpack...
I am headed up north in India to participate in a program called simple health. It will be a three week seminar teaching local Indians about simple health and supplying them with all the resources they need to go back and teach in there cities, villages, ect.
I am excited to be apart of the seminar because it is something that God has put on my heart for being involved in next year.

I have been having very funny thoughts lately about my living situations over this past year or so. Things that I never thought I would experience, things that I said I would have rather died than do.

1. Never thought I would use a squatty potty - done
2. Never thought I would take a bucket shower (if you don't know what this is... haha.. then be blessed, don't ask) - done
3. Never thought I was eat things that I didn't know there origin - done
4. Never thought I would take as many cold showers (bucket) that I have this year. - done
5. Never thought I would go without eating meat for months on end. - done
6. NEVER thought I would be cool with cockroaches.... we are friends now, we live together - done
7. NEVER thought I would be okay with spiders (still hate hate hate them but I can be in a room with them now.. this is huge progress) - done
8. Never thought I would have to go to bed soaking wet, so that I could be comfortable and sleep through the hot hot night. - done
9. Never thought I would share a bathroom, let alone with 6 girls - done
10. Last but not least, Never thought I would wear a scarf in 100 degree wear. - done

Okay this is not complaining but merely me looking back laughing on what the Lord can do in your life...=)

I will be traveling by train for the next two days with no AC.. pray for me if you think about it.. I will update more later!

You are blessed to be a blessing!

1 comment:

  1. You made me laugh. . .i did several of those things on our trips to Africa this year. . will be praying for the train trip. . .dang those people are tough. . i thought i was tough till you have to function with no Ac 24/7 in that kind of heat and humidity. . I'm a wimp. . .love you and thanks for writing. .

    bonnie & todd

    ReplyDelete