Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Praise Report....

This week has been full of excitement and seeing Jesus guide us to watering people’s lives with His spirit. It is amazing the opportunity we have in the hospital to speak so freely about Jesus and encourage, give testimonies of His love, and comfort those in mourning.

In the hospital there are several other nursing schools. So every unit our team works in, there are about 10 - 15 indian nursing students. Wide eyed and ready to learn. Not only about skills but about these new foreigners! We have been able to not only teach these students skills, but have been able to show them compassion, comfort, and love to the women that you take care of. We are able to pray with them, and through them (they translate for us, so we can pray for the patients). Most of the nursing students are christian but most of them don’t think it possible or have never seen Jesus’ love spread through action and word in the hospital. There have been so many testimonies of students watching us and coming up afterwards saying we didn’t think we could share with others about what we believe but now that we have seen you do it, now we know that we can too!! Praise the Lord!

We had an amazing week. Three different people came to know Jesus this week! Two of the women were in the same family. One of the women from my team, Corinna, was involved in seeing this mom come to know Jesus. She said that it was such a beautiful thing to reflect on. That in that moment she was with this women when Jesus washed her clean. That there was transformation taking place in that women’s life and she got to be apart of God’s glory in that moment.


My team and I received the scripture Jeremiah 1:4-10 this week. In vs 9 it says, “Then the Lord reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me,

“Now I have put my words in your mouth.”

We have been anointed. The time is now to open your mouth and speak about having a new life because of Jesus. Sometimes that means opening your mouth before you know what you are even going to say, and sometimes you know exactly what to say. The thing that I am soaking up and learning is that when we died to ourselves and rose again in the forgiveness we have in Jesus. We were anointed. I was transformed and given the ability (through the Holy Spirit) to go now and use the words that God gives me. There are so many opportunities in life to leave people with little touches of Jesus.

For example, my mom has decided to start praying over her house and things she owned so that God would preserve them like He did for the Israelites in the desert. When they wondered around for forty years and didn’t need a new pair of shoes, or clothes because God kept all their stuff intact for them. Well just the other day, my mom experienced a miracle. She was rear-ended in the parking lot of her work. She told me that the guy that hit her hard. She was really worried about what the back of her car was going to look like. She got out and meet the guy at the back of her car. Nothing was wrong. They couldn’t even find a scratch. What an amazing testimony! God protects us and our stuff, and in that moment, use your words to give glory to God because it was Him who protected the car. I love this, a miracle and an opportunity to give glory to God and to give a little piece of Jesus to give someone.


Well it is getting stinking hot here. We are still taking in and learning the Indian culture. I wish I could say I am getting better at eating with my hands but I think I am getting worse. My team and I are working in the hospital here at least four times a week. There is a different group of us that rotates everyday doing what we call adventure days. It is a great time of praying, asking God what we should do for the day, and then letting Him take us on an adventure to show His love.

Last week on my adventure day we ended up in the High Court (the justice building where all the judges and lawyers work) in front of the Newly elected, it was his first day in office, Chief Judge of the whole province. It was crazy and we had such favor from God that whole day!

Matthew 10:18

“And you will be brought before governors and kings for my sake, as a testimony to them ...”


You are blessed to be a blessing!


1 comment:

  1. kali- your life is beautiful! i love to read how he uses your surrendered life for His glory! praying for you. kimberly

    ReplyDelete