Followers

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, August 28, 2009

Up for the Challenge...


Have you ever noticed how negative you can be? I hadn't. There is a scripture that says "out of the heart the mouth speaks." We had a speaker this week that challenged us about being negative; one - because you don't realize the impact that it makes on others around you and two - because you don't realize the root of your negativity. So for 24 hours my school was to not speak anything negative. Just to clarify that is negative words, having a negative attitude, gossip, slander, or harboring negative thoughts in your head/heart. If you did, then you needed to repent to God and to anyone you were negative with and then ask someone to pray with you. This really brought to light how I walk in negativity. A lot of time not actually speaking out my negativity (although I did - twice) but mainly harboring negative thoughts in my head. It really brings to light roots of ugly, worldly views that I take on my situations. It really allowed me to go deeper in my heart and pray into pulling up these roots to replace then with characteristic of the kingdom - patience, love, kindness. It is really a way of life that I have been challenged to keep up with, allow the Holy Spirit to convict me when I am being negative. So I challenge you to try it, let me know how it goes. What does God reveal or what do you learn during the 24 hours.

I am excited to proclaim God's amazing provision. I want to take you guys on this journey with my class and I because I think it is such an incredible testimony of God's faithfulness. We as a whole class (16 students which includes one family of 5, one family of 2, and 14 single girls and 8 staff members which includes one family of 5, one family of 2, and 4 single girls) needed
230, 697.75 dollars to go on outreach for the next year. God has provided 146,755.35 dollars all ready!!!! It is amazing to hear stories on a daily basis of God bringing people into this circle of giving to see His kingdom brought to Tanzania, India, Philippines, and Afghanistan (this is where we will be going this next year). There are girls who have had people that just paid money into their accounts and they don't know where it came from. Then one girl received a book from a friend and as she was flipping through the book started to realize there were 100 dollar bills in between pages! Praise God. He is so creative with His ways. I am excited to proclaim how He has brought people into my life that have been such a blessing in this area. Their obedience overwhelms me and truly displays the character of God.

Well we (my school and I) have had a big week this week learning about the spiritual dynamics of birth. I will post more soon! Love you all!

You are blessed to be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment